RDM has expanded it's capabilities with the Okuma Multus-B400 - a general purpose multi-function machine that is designed to reduce set up time by virtually eliminating repetitive fixturing to improve accuracy and keep non-cutting time to a minimum. It features the industry’s first Collision Avoidance System software. Combined with Okuma’s THINC - OSP Control, this software can run the entire machining simulation and catch potential collisions before they create scrap. Thermal-Friendly Construction assures high accuracy, even in the most complex applications. Includes the W-axis with sub-spindle, designed to hand the part from one spindle to the other to complete milling and turning operations without changing the part.
Multus B400 5-axis multifunction lathe (2008)
- (2)30 H.P. 12” chucks with 18 H.P. multi-axis spindle
- 80-pod automatic tool changer
- 25” max diameter x 50” bed, 2.75” Bar feed capacity
- TSC thermal stability compensation with glass scales for precision
- Absolute positioning accuracy and .00002" repeatability
- Regular annual preventative maintenance by Okuma factory technicians